January 04, 2012

AC Moore Mill Ends

I just want to say I love AC Moore Mill Ends. They are a great deal. And an even better deal if a 50% off coupon is used. I bought a couple packages that I absolutely love.

I bought one, the turquoise, a few months ago at the Crossroads AC Moore here in Cary. The other, light yellow, I bought this weekend at the College Road AC Moore in Wilmington. They aren’t identified as cotton, but when I bought them I was certain they were cotton. They are super soft. It was driving me crazy because I was doing everything I could to try and identify them because I love them so much. So tonight I decided to try the AC Moore group on ravelry. When I read that somebody had bought Hobby Lobby I love This Yarn in mill ends. It clicked in my head. I was almost positive my mill ends were Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton. So I dug out one of my skeins of I Love This Cotton. It looked exactly the same, felt the same and the ends even frayed the same. I got excited and told my mom all about it. She asked me all these questions and the answer to them all was yes. Then I remember reading on my bags that the mill ends were made in Turkey. And I remember that was odd because they are usually from Canada. So I told myself if the I Love This Cotton is made in Turkey, I am 100% positive it’s the same. Sure enough it said made in Turkey. I am so excited! The closest Hobby Lobby is in Fayetteville, an hour and a half from me. So naturally I don’t go there often.

I’m very happy. I got 5 skeins of I Love This Cotton in turquoise for $3 and 5 skeins of I Love This Cotton in buttercup for $3. I always use 50% off coupons. That’s really the only way to craft.

EDIT: After I typed this I remembered another mill ends I bought a few months before the turquoise. It’s a variegated and when I bought it I was positive it was cotton. Then I saw the bag didn’t identify it as cotton. So I tried to identify the brand and couldn’t. Sure enough it’s I Love This Cotton in tuscany. If I ever find anymore I Love This Cotton in mill ends I will buy it!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU so much for posting this!! Like you, I bought a bag of mill end yarn from AC Moore and was driving myself crazy trying to identify it so I could get more. It never occurred to me to check store brands like Hobby Lobby but, after reading your blog post, I was able to ID my mystery yarn as I Love This Yarn in Tangello. Even better: My local Hobby Lobby is less than 2 miles away. Come on, kids! We gotta go to Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete